Saturday, November 16, 2019

Friday, November 15 - Harris's Hawks are Boss

Today I took my first Harris's Hawk out with me. Yes, Dart, who I flew from September 2008 until November 2009, when I gave him to a friend. I also took Farrah with me. I have Dart because Lynne is out of town and I asked her if I could fly him while she's gone.

Dart was great. Yesterday I test flew him on a zip-line and he was red hot. Today he hunted. He put in great flights, caught game, and Dart got a little balky at the end with food in his crop. I got him back, and flew Farrah. She did almost as well; the two hawks combined catching the most game in a single day ever for me.

Dart is more aerial and maneuverable than Farrah, which shouldn't be surprising.

There are only a couple of fields surviving out west of Katy Mills where I have hunted for years. Development.....

Cisco is on the disabled list for a couple of weeks. I'm waiting for more leaves to drop and a moderate bite on his rear toe to heal.


Dart in my living room

Dart in my kitchen



No comments:

Post a Comment