Tuesday, December 10, 2019

12/9/2019 - Cisco back in action

After a few productive weeks hunting with Dart and Farrah, I observed that Cisco's toe was looking all right. I was also watching to see the leaves drop. That too. A few weeks made a lot difference.

I took Arnold and Cisco out in the woods across from the park. It was too warm and Cisco was fairly high in weight, around 939 bare-legged, with transmitter and bell. The team went right to work. Cisco parked right away and I thought he was not doing anything. But he had a squirrel in mind. Arnold was way out of position and I let the squirrel get to the ground, with Arnold's chasing. A few minutes of very intense pursuit left Cisco and the dog winded. Cisco's left wing hung so low I was concerned he had injured it. No, and in a few minutes he laddered up and scraped a squirrel from the tree. Down he came. Only his fourth squirrel this season. A good hunt.


No comments:

Post a Comment