Thursday, January 16, 2020

January, Mid

It's been a month since my last post. I apologize to my two readers. Cisco has caught some squirrels, though I have given him a break, twice in fact, this season. He has been getting bitten. I even considered chaps for him. I had a pile of them on my breakfast table, and actually put some on him on one hunt. But I cut them off in the woods, before he caught his squirrel.

Farrah has been catching small game birds, along with Dart, who is staying with me while Lynne Holder recuperates. He's been doing well too. Here are some pictures.

My two apprentices, Rick and Isaac, are doing well. they have their Red-tails and are progressing, Rick in his second season has caught a couple of squirrels, a cottontail and a game bird.

Cisco near the end of today's three hour unsuccessful squirrel hunt

After a successful hunt


Dart
Ismael Cano with "Ronin"


Mike Wiegel's Peregrine

Arnold, a squirrel dog




Farrah
Rick Morlen the day we trapped this passage Red-tail.
A tiny female or very big male eastern Red-tail  

No comments:

Post a Comment